Thursday, July 19, 2012

No Checked Baggage

So amidst all of our preparations over the past few days I decided to add a new layer of complexity: No Checked Baggage. Yeah, that's right. The decision was threefold.
1. I'm cheap and don't want to give the domestic airlines any money for doing something they should still be doing for free.
2. We'll be transitional A LOT with this tour and I don't want to lug massive suitcases around.
3. I wanted to see if it could be done.

It can! Holly humored me and we trimmed and culled what we didn't need from the herd of toiletries, clothes and accessories. It was fun using geometry to squeeze this shirt in just like so and that shoe just like that. We mastered these two carry on bags to the degree that we even have room left over in each. There's even an extra bag in each for souvenirs and the like should we need it.

When I said to Holly, " See, we did it!," her reply was a Marge Simpson grumble and an emphatic " We'll see". We'll see indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment